CAGJ is seeking a volunteer to contribute 5-10 hours per month in our beautiful new office to support our database-related work. This role requires attention to detail and strong organizational and work-tracking skills. No prior experience is needed. We prefer a year-long minimum commitment, but are open to volunteers who are available to help for a shorter time period.
This is a great opportunity to learn about databases as an organizing tool, and to learn about the systems that keep small non-profits like CAGJ running. Please feel free to share.
This role entails:
- Using our open-source database CiviCRM.
- Data-entry related to Memberships, fundraising and donations, mailings, and events.
- Coming into our office once or twice per month for a total of 5-10 hours, depending on your availability.
We will provide:
- Training in the functions needed in CiviCRM
- Detailed protocols and how-to guides, and support along the way
- A computer, or you are welcome to bring your own
- A fun and easy-going office environment, with tea, coffee, and snacks!
Location: The work will take place at our office in North Beacon Hill, 1322 S. Bayview Street. We are located 0.2 miles from the Beacon Hill lightrail station (5 min walk), and close to the 36, 60, and 107 bus lines. Our office is on the third floor up three flights of stairs, but we can accommodate wheelchairs and other access needs in the wheelchair accessible locations in the church.
Deadline: We are hoping to fill this role by July 1. If you are interested, please email Heather ([email protected]) with a brief statement of your interest and availability.