Book-keeper Job Announcement – June 2018
Part-time paid position
Community Alliance for Global Justice seeks to strengthen the global food sovereignty movement. Our mission is to educate and mobilize individuals and organizations to strengthen local economies everywhere. We are grassroots, community-based and committed to anti-oppressive organizing as we build solidarity across diverse movements. Focusing on the food system, we seek to transform unjust trade and agricultural policies and practices imposed by corporations, governments and other institutions while creating and supporting alternatives that embody social justice, sustainability, diversity and grassroots democracy.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- The Book-keeper ensures the accuracy of CAGJ’s financial records, and is accountable to the Treasurer.
- We ask for a one-year commitment.
- Pay: $30 per hour. No benefits.
- Hours will vary. Most months 5 hours/month will be adequate. The book-keeper needs to be available additional hours at two times during the year:
- The month before and after CAGJ’s annual SLEE Dinner (date varies, but usually in July or September).
- Assist Treasurer to prepare records for the 990 (first quarter of the year).
- Attentive to details and schedules.
- Willing to act in a timely manner.
- A demonstrated commitment to social change and working with grassroots organizations.
- At least one year book-keeping experience, or relevant studies. Students currently studying accounting welcome.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and Intuit payroll accounting.
To apply, please send your resume and an email explaining why you are interested in this position to Heather Day: email@example.com