The Strengthening Local Economies Everywhere (SLEE) Dinner is the signature event of Community Alliance for Global Justice. Both a community event and fundraiser, the goal of SLEE is to build the local and global movements for food justice and food sovereignty by:
- Raising awareness and educating about how to build healthy food systems as a community-based alternative to corporate-led globalization
- Making connections across sectors and issues, and building alliances
- Inspiring the community to take action
- Ensuring the long-term sustainability of CAGJ by expanding our membership, developing leadership, and raising significant funds.
The dinner is unique amongst local food dinners in that we make every effort to make it very accessible, with sliding scale tickets, many Honored Guests, who are farmers, farmworkers and food movement organizers, and Solidarity Tickets, allowing people to pay whatever they are able. All of the food is either Fair Trade or sourced from local fisherman, farmers and Co-ops, and is served family style. Interns play a central role in organizing, and 75 volunteers make the dinner happen the night-of.
Learn about past SLEE Dinners, see photos and view keynotes on our SLEE Dinner page.
13th Annual SLEE Dinner – SAT July 13 at St Demetrios Church
SLEE Organizer Position
- 6 months: March 1 – August 30.
- 10 hours per week; day-time hours are required to coordinate interns
- Co-coordinate event with Heather Day, CAGJ Director
- Maintain detailed workplan and stick to deadlines
- Coordinate 6-8 interns to do Silent and Dessert Auction outreach, as well as other dinner organizing
- Coordinate volunteer dinner organizers to secure food and other donations
- Prepare ticket sales using Civi CRM, CAGJ’s website and data-base
- Ensure successful publicity and turn-out for the event
- Co-coordinate the event the day-of the event, including registration
- Ensure thorough follow-up after the event, including data-entry, finalizing financial transactions, volunteer appreciation, office organization etc
PAY: $4820 total, including completion pay
- We recognize that 10 hours per week is reasonable up until the 2 weeks before the event, when you will be working a lot more; we hope bonus will account for that. Benefits not included.
- $4320, to be paid in 6 monthly sums on 30th of each month by check ($720) based on $18/hour wage at 10 hours/week.
- $500 successful completion to be paid within 10 days of SLEE Dinner.
- Total: $803.33 per month, $200/week, 10 hours/week, $20/hour.
- Additional $500 bonus if we raise 10% at least over goal (TBD).
How to apply:
- Email a Resume and short cover letter (in the body of the email is fine) to Heather Day: email@example.com
- Deadline to apply: 5pm WED Feb 6, 2019