SLEE Dinner 2017
Tickets will be available online until 5pm, October 20th. After that you can buy tickets at the door. No one turned away for lack of funds! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2017
Time: 5pm-9:30pm (5pm Happy Hour, 6:30pm Dinner)
Location: University Christian Church, 4731 15th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Download the flyer.
See below for accessibility info.
Ari de Leña, Kamayan Farm, "Farming for Cultural and Ecological Resilience"
Ari de Leña operates Kamayan Farm, a vegetable, medicinal herb, and education farm in the Snoqualmie Valley where she strives to do work that connects food, medicine, and culture. Ari will share how she works to build cultural and ecological resilience by healing the trauma and displacement embedded in the U.S. agricultural system.
Schedule of Events
Happy Hour 5:00-6:30: Enjoy libations, live music with Seattle Fandango Project, complimentary hors d’oeuvres by Kaspars, a silent auction, and the opportunity to acquaint yourself with featured food justice organizations and groups promoting urban agriculture, food sovereignty and Fair Trade.
Dinner 6:30-9:30: Enjoy a scrumptious locally sourced and Fair Trade meal. Feast on incredible treats during the Dessert Auction!
Sliding scale $40-$100: Please be generous in your support! We want to make this event accessible to everyone while also recognizing the need for us to raise crucial funds.
Support a Farmer/Farmworker/Organizer:
Solidarity Tickets: We are committed to making this an accessible event for all. If you are unable to afford a full-price ticket, please contact Andrea for Solidarity Tickets.
Table Captains: Bring 10 Friends to SLEE!
Table Captains fill a table for 10 people, and provide CAGJ with important seed funds for our organizing. You can choose between buying a table for your 10 guests, or asking your guests to buy tickets individually. If you have questions or would like to become a table captain, please email Andrea, or call us at the office: 206-405-4600.
Volunteers needed to help organize SLEE, and the day-of! If you are interested in volunteering before, or at the event, please check out our SLEE Volunteer Opportunities, and email email@example.com.
- Child Care Offered: Free child care will be available for kids aged 2-11 from 6:30-9pm. Include names and ages when registering.
- Bus Information: We encourage people to carpool, ride their bikes, and take public transit to this event! Bus routes 48, 49, 70, 71, 72 stop in front of the church.
- Please be Fragrance Free: For the health and safety of community members with chemical sensitivity, please abstain from using scented cosmetics, lotions, or hair products and please do not wear clothes that have recently been smoked in. There will be scent-free soap in the multi-stalled bathrooms. Read here for more info on how to be fragrance free.
- Wheelchair Accessibility: Entrance off of 15th is wheelchair accessible. Happy Hour takes place on the same level as entrance, and is wheelchair accessible. The dinner takes place in the basement of the church. Elevators are located in the main hall of the church, to the right of the main entrance. There is a ramp leading from the elevator downstairs to the dining room.
- Restrooms: In order to provide a welcoming and inclusive space for trans folks and to make sure that everyone is comfortable and safe, we will provide gender-neutral bathrooms at the SLEE dinner. There will be clear signs designating where they are. Bathrooms are located near the elevators on both levels. The upstairs bathrooms are ADA compliant. The downstairs bathrooms are not fully ADA compliant, but may be wheelchair accessible.
- Dining Room info: Every effort will be made to ensure wheelchairs can access all tables, however the space is tight, thus it is preferred that CAGJ be notified in advance to ensure a table that is easily wheelchair accessible. We will provide air purifiers in the case they are needed for people with chemical sensitivities. There are low-lit rooms people can retreat to if needed.
- Interpretation: We will do our best to provide interpretation services if requested. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
- CART captioning provided
For more information, please contact CAGJ: 206-405-4600 or email@example.com.
Thank you to our generous sponsors!:
4731 15th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98105
|Kids 4-12||$ 10.00|
|Sliding Scale||$ 40.00|
|Sliding Scale 2||$ 50.00|
|Sliding Scale 3||$ 60.00|
|Sliding Scale 4||$ 75.00|
|Sliding Scale 5||$ 100.00|
|$100 Support a Farmer/Foodworker Ticket||$ 100.00|
|$50 Support a Farmer/Foodworker Ticket||$ 50.00|