Make GiveBIG a big boost for our Membership Month fundraising campaign! GiveBIG is TODAY! All gifts will be matched thanks to UFCW 21 and generous CAGJ members.
Help us reach our $5000 Membership Month goal!
- Make a one-time donation via GiveBig – 60% of CAGJ’s budget is fueled by our Members! Donate TODAY and it will automatically be scheduled for GiveBIG! Support our grassroots fundraising model and make your Membership Month donation of $15, $50, $125 or whatever you can give.
- Become a Monthly Sustainer on CAGJ’s website – Sustaining Members are CAGJ’s lifeblood. By setting up a recurring donation from your account, CAGJ can focus more time on organizing.
- Spread the word – share our Membership Month appeal or GiveBIG page on social media. See sample posts below!
- Special offer from local bagel shop, Eltana! Give $50 or more to CAGJ through the GiveBIG website TODAY and Eltana will give you an $18 gift card to be used in the month of May! Just show your e-receipt at the Capitol Hill or Stone Way locations to get the gift card. Thanks Eltana and CAGJ members!
What does your donation support? CAGJ is committed to organizing for food sovereignty by enacting the principles and values our name provokes.
Community: Building an intersectional movement
Our recently founded Racial Justice Leadership Collective centers anti-racism in our work because to win justice, we must struggle at the intersections of movements. Our Rise Up! CAGJ Summer School explores local food sovereignty organizing through this framework (learn more and register).
Alliance: Partnering in Solidarity
CAGJ is honored to hold deep partnerships with organizations and activists around the world, including Food Justice Project solidarity campaign partners Got Green, UFCW 21, Community to Community Development and WA Fair Trade Coalition. Join us for a Teach-Out at Kamayan Farm on Sunday, May 20th!
Global: Confronting systems of power and control
We challenge the dominant ideology and model of agricultural development by taking on the world’s biggest agribusiness corporations and the institutions of power funding their agenda, including the Gates Foundation!
Justice: Centering the voices of people most impacted
CAGJ acts as accomplices with people of color-led organizations including Muckleshoot Food Sovereignty Project, with whom we produced our first-ever short film, Salmon People: The Risks of Genetically Engineered Fish for the Pacific Northwest. We just launched the film through a webinar with Center for Food Safety and NW indigenous leaders, Valerie Segrest and Fawn Sharp – check out the film and learn how to take action here!
Membership Month helps us ensure our long-term commitment to the movement is actionable. Help us reach our $5000 Membership Month goal and give TODAY for #GiveBIG to ensure CAGJ can continue this important and exciting work.
We thank you for your support!
Simone & Heather
Sample social media posts to help CAGJ amplify our message and reach our fundraising goals!
- CAGJ lives up to its name through grassroots organizing for food sovereignty. Community: building an intersectional movement! Alliance: partnering in solidarity! Global: confronting systems of power & control! Justice: centering the voices of people most impacted! Support their work today! #CAGJMembershipMonth #GiveBIG https://www.givebigseattle.org/community-alliance-for-global-justice
- Linking local and global food sovereignty movements strengthens community-defined food systems. Support the work of CAGJ by donating today! #CAGJMembershipMonth #GiveBIG https://www.givebigseattle.org/community-alliance-for-global-justice
- A just food system requires dismantling all systems of oppression. CAGJ centers anti-racism organizing because to win justice, we must struggle at the intersections of our movements. Support their work today! #CAGJMembershipMonth #GiveBIG https://www.givebigseattle.org/community-alliance-for-global-justice
P.P.S. If you can’t donate funds at this time, but can pledge your money and/or time to organize with us this year, sign up to become a Member! We value your organizing support.