CAGJ Treasurer Job Description
Posted 8.29.16: CAGJ is seeking to replace our Treasurer, a vital volunteer role in CAGJ that needs to be filled as soon as possible!
The Treasurer is the chief financial officer of the organization, accountable to the Steering Committee. We ask for a minimum one-year commitment.
The purpose of this position is to safeguard CAGJ funds and assure that they are spent in a financially responsible manner, consistent with the policies and budgets of the Steering Committee.
- Ensure that book-keepers are keeping accurate financial records using Quickbooks. (Monthly)
- Supervise book-keeping volunteers, and work with CAGJ’s accounting consultant to resolve issues and problems. (As needed)
- Prepare financial reports and projections for the Board (monthly, quarterly, six month, annual). (Monthly)
- Work with the Director to prepare and maintain an annual budget. (Annually)
- Prepare a draft of the 990 tax form to be reviewed by the CPA. (Due MAY 15)
- File quarterly taxes.
- Serve as a Co-chair, the leadership body of CAGJ’s Steering Committee; attending monthly meetings is optional. (Ongoing)
- Manage CAGJ’s payroll account using Inuit online service.
- When possible, provide data to the fundraising committee/Director on needs and performance.
- When possible, assist with preparing financial information required for grant proposals.
- Attend Steering Committee meetings (first Tuesday/month, 6:30-8:30pm) to give a monthly Treasurer’s report, or see that an alternative is prepared to report to the Steering Committee.
- A demonstrated commitment to social change and working with grassroots organizations
- Familiarity with a financial management software program like Quicken, MS Money or Quickbooks
- Experience in creating and managing budgets
- Attentive to details and schedules
- Willing to act in a timely manner
- Some accounting background would be wonderful, but not required!
If you are interested, please email Heather Day – Thank you!