Looking for a way to support one of your favorite organizations in a crucial way, with a few hours of volunteer work per month? Look no further!
Treasurer Job Description
The Treasurer is the chief financial officer of the organization, accountable to the Steering Committee. We ask for a minimum one-year commitment.
The purpose of this position is to safeguard CAGJ funds and assure that they are spent in a financially responsible manner, consistent with the policies and budgets of the Steering Committee.
- Ensure that bookkeeper is keeping accurate financial records using Xero (we will provide training in program if you are unfamiliar). (Monthly)
- Work with bookkeeper and CAGJ’s accounting consultant to resolve issues and problems. (As needed)
- Prepare financial reports and projections for the Steering Committee (monthly, quarterly, six month, annual). (Monthly)
- Work with the Director to prepare and maintain an annual budget. (Annually)
- Support preparation of the 990EZ tax form (prepared by professional; support needed is minimal). (990 due MAY 15)
- Serve as a Co-chair, the leadership body of CAGJ’s Steering Committee. (Ongoing)
- When possible, provide data to the fundraising committee/Director on needs and performance.
- When possible, assist with preparing financial information required for grant proposals.
- Attend Steering Committee meetings (usually bi-monthly, 6:30-8:30pm) to give a Cash Position and Treasurer’s report, or see that an alternative is prepared to report to the Steering Committee.
- If possible, assist with finances the night of CAGJ’s annual SLEE Gala (when in-person dinners return).
- A demonstrated commitment to social change and working with grassroots organizations
- Familiarity with a financial management software program like Xero, Quicken, or Quickbooks
- Experience in creating and managing budgets
- Attentive to details and schedules
- Willing to act in a timely manner
- Some accounting background would be wonderful, but not required!
If you are interested, or desire more information, please email CAGJ’s Director Heather Day: [email protected]