CAGJ is run by our volunteer members and there are many ways to plug in! Here are just a few:
- Become a Member by signing up to contribute financially and/or with volunteer hours!
- Stay informed about upcoming opportunities by signing up for our monthly e-mail newsletter, project listservs, and connecting with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Attend a meeting, event or action check out the calendar.
- Volunteer in the office or at an event.
- Contact us to talk about specific ways you would like to contribute!
Monthly Meetings – please call ahead to confirm time and place
- AGRA Watch – Time varies, contact us for specific time
- Food Justice Project – 3rd Tuesday of the month
Current Volunteer Opportunities: Contact us at email@example.com or 206-405-4600 for more info!
Web Guru: With support from CAGJ, do back-end updates, trouble-shoot, some content management, user management; Good to know WordPress; 10 hours/month.
Volunteer directly with one of CAGJ’s projects: The following are a few examples of ways to get involved, but there are other possibilities too – contact us or attend a meeting to learn more.
Food Justice Project – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Solidarity Campaign Point Person – act as a liaison, connecting CAGJ and the Food Justice Project to ongoing mobilization for food sovereignty
- Educate 4 Action Workshop promoter: Help with outreach, coordinate with workshop hosts, learn to be a co-presenter (not required!)
- Organize for Action – Help coordinate, publicize, and do outreach for Teach-Outs by contacting food sites, deciding on locations, doing outreach, etc.
- Social Media/Blog Coordinator – collect articles, review and post to CAGJ’s blog and social media outlets (Facebook & Twitter), update events and happenings on CAGJ calendars and website
Trade Justice – email@example.com
- Trade justice organizer: assist in developing materials educating CAGJ partner organizations about the TPP
- Coalition coordinator: coordinate with our partner organizations in actions to stop the TPP
- Media Tracker: Stay on top of TPP and free trade agreements
AGRA Watch – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summit Organizer – attend monthly committee meetings and help plan an international summit focused on agroecological & community based alternatives to AGRA/Gates
- Researcher – conduct activist research on the agricultural development projects funded by AGRA, the Gates Foundation, and US government and corporations
- Media Coordinator – contact person for media, send press releases for events, catalogue media contacts
- Blogger / Social Media Coordinator – update info and events on website, write blog posts, Facebook, Twitter