Join CAGJ’s Steering Committee as Treasurer
CAGJ is seeking to fill a vital role on our Steering Committee – our lead body of organizers. Time commitment varies from a minimum of 5 hours/month to more when taxes are due. If interested, please send inquiries to CAGJ’s volunteer coordinators – Thank you! firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Alliance for Global Justice Treasurer Job Announcement (Volunteer position)
Updated February 20, 2013
The Treasurer is the chief financial officer of the organization, accountable to the Steering Committee. We ask for a minimum one-year commitment. The purpose of this position is to safeguard CAGJ funds and assure that they are spent in a financially responsible manner, consistent with the policies and budgets of the Steering Committee.
- Ensure that book-keepers are keeping accurate financial records using Quickbooks (Monthly)
- Prepare financial reports and projections for the Board (monthly, quarterly, six month, annual). (Monthly)
- Supervise book-keeping volunteers, and work with CAGJ’s accounting consultant to resolve issues and problems. (As needed)
- Work with the Director to prepare and maintain an annual budget. (Annually)
- Prepare a draft of the 990 tax form to be reviewed by the CPA (Due MAY 15)
- Serve as a Co-chair, the leadership body of CAGJ’s Steering Committee, and attend monthly meetings. (Ongoing)
- Pay expenses as needed.
- Manage CAGJ’s payroll account using Inuit online service
- When possible, provide data to the fundraising committee/Director on needs and performance.
- When possible, assist with preparing financial information required for grant proposals.
- Attend Steering Committee meetings (first Tuesday/month, 6:30-8:30pm) to give a monthly Treasurer’s report, or see that an alternative is prepared to report to the Steering Committee.
- A demonstrated commitment to social change and working with grassroots organizations
- Familiarity with a financial management software program like Quicken, MS Money or Quickbooks
- Experience in creating and managing budgets
- Attentive to details and schedules
- Willing to act in a timely manner
- Some accounting background would be wonderful, but not required!